The primary objectives of Alloa Community Enterprises and the ACE Recycling Group CIC are:
- To give individuals the best opportunities possible to make themselves more employable, improve their standards of living and self esteem.
- To provide, and assist in the provision of, training opportunities for individuals with a view to providing such skills that will assist those most removed from employment to become more employable and find work
Fundamental to these objectives is our commitment to provide opportunities to:
- individuals having physical or mental impairment
- long and short term unemployed
- offenders seeking pre-release training and work experience
- long term prison inmates seeking to enhance their future employment options and employability
We also offer financial or management support to local initiatives projects and community groups and organisations also engaged in the above noted activities. We play an active part in the social enterprise community nationally and regionally. As members of the Community Resource Network for Scotland (CRNS) we believe that communities, and social enterprises in particular, play an important role in alleviating poverty, tackling discrimination and disadvantage, environmental management, area regeneration and community economic development.
ACE is an award winning social enterprise. The awards we have won reflect our commitment, both to communities and to socio-economic regeneration at a local and national level. Each year we work closely with our partners to ensure we can maximise supported training and employability opportunities in line with our business strategy and development plans.
At ACE, we always seek to minimise the carbon footprint of our operations. This includes reviewing our own fleet operations and costs, our actions as a company and, most importantly, reducing handling and transportation of materials as much as possible. Over 95% of the materials we collect are reprocessed in the UK rather than overseas.